Hannah joined TV Edwards in 2012 and has been head of the children and domestic abuse team and joint head of the family department since October 2019. She has fifteen years’ experience working with clients in both public and private law children cases, as well as those involving domestic abuse and forced marriage.
“Emerging as someone who is central in the world of family law. She puts a huge amount of work in for her clients and she has a collaborative approach with everyone she works with.”– Chambers and Partners independent directory
She regularly acts for children, parents and other family members in complex care cases where children have suffered non accidental injuries, serious physical or sexual abuse, deprivation of liberty cases, and those with international issues requiring transfer of proceedings between jurisdictions. Hannah has experience in advising and representing prospective adopters and children through their children’s guardian on adoption procedures within England and Wales and also in relation to Intercountry adoptions. Hannah undertakes her own advocacy at all levels.
- P-S (Children)  EWCA Civ 1407
- London Borough of Barking & Dagenham v C & Others  EWHC 2472
- London Borough of Tower Hamlets v D & Others  EWHC 3901 (Fam)
- Representing a child separately from their children’s guardian and successfully opposing the local authority application for permission to place the child in a placement that would amount to a deprivation of liberty
- Representing a child in an adoption application, prospective adopters having adopted the child in India
- Representing the children through their children’s guardian in a complex non-accidental injury case, where after much medical evidence and thorough investigation the children were returned to their family
- Representing the children through their children’s guardian in a case where one of the children had been sexually abused and there had to be careful consideration as to whether the child should give evidence in the family proceedings, with concurrent criminal proceedings
- Hannah successfully represented a client in an important appeal before the Bench in the Court of Appeal which involved an appeal against a decision of the High Court that a fact-finding judgment in proceedings under the Children Act 1989 (“the Children Act”) should be published with the names of the father and the mother included, and only relatively modest redactions, primarily aimed at mitigating the impact of publication on the couple’s infant child. The reported judgement in the case can be found here
- Hannah is a member of the Law Society’s Children Panel
- Member of the Association of Lawyers for Children
- Co-Chair of the Association of Lawyers for Children
- Former Solicitor member of the Family Procedure Rule Committee (2014-Autumn 2019)
- Member of Resolution’s Legal Aid Committee
- Hannah is a Resolution accredited specialist in domestic abuse and children law (private) cases.
- Contributor to Resolution Guides to Good practice and Review magazine and to the Association of Lawyer’s for Children Newsletter.
“She has excellent knowledge and very good tactics. “
“She is emerging as someone who is central in the world of family law. She puts a huge amount of work in for her clients and she has a collaborative approach with everyone she works with.”– Chambers and Partners Directory, 2021
“Joint head of department Hannah Perry frequently acts for children in care proceedings involving human rights and abuse issues.”
“I’m always staggered by her level of detail”.
“She reads absolutely everything, analyses it and presents it in a way that is entirely sensible, and she’s hugely empathetic.”– Chambers and Partners Directory, 2020
“Every solicitor I have worked with has been excellent. A very high standard of service: prompt, efficient, friendly, excellent and clear legal advice, proactive, and takes a lead with other parties. Hannah Perry and Deborah Piccos are particularly exceptional and go the extra mile.”
“Hannah Perry is super efficient. She is very quick to respond and fearless in her pursuit of her client’s case”
“Hannah Perry is a thorough professional who provides legal advice that enables you to give informed instructions”– Legal 500, 2021
“Hannah’s extensive knowledge and tireless dedication to every public and private law children matter she deals with is admirable. More often than not Hannah goes above and beyond the call of duty to achieve the best results for her clients even in the most difficult circumstances. I cannot recommend her highly enough.”– Client
“Hannah has a reputation for always going the extra mile for her client, whether for a parent or for a child. She is always meticulously prepared and has the facts of every case at her finger tips. She has the knack of being liked and respected by her opponents as well as her clients and I would recommend her without hesitation.”– Client