He is an experienced, hardworking and tenacious litigator who has significant expertise dealing with high value and complex multi-jurisdictional commercial, civil and property litigation. Prior to joining TV Edwards, Adam spent several years working for well-known City and West-End law firms where he successfully acted on a number of high profile reported cases.
Adam’s cases range from small matters in the County Courts and other Tribunals, to multi-million pound disputes in the High Court and Court of Appeal. Through Adam’s quality of work and his ability to build lasting relationships, he is often instructed on multiple occasions by his clients, ensuring he always goes the extra mile to achieve the best possible outcome for them.
Adam will robustly fight his client’s corner and always look for the most cost effective and efficient resolution to a dispute, whilst having the client’s practical and commercial interest’s firmly in mind.
Adam has a wide-ranging litigation practice encompassing the following areas:
- Chancery litigation, including civil fraud actions
- Injunctions – worldwide and domestic freezing injunctions, proprietary injunctions, interlocutory injunctions and committal proceedings
- Contractual disputes and misrepresentation claims
- Company disputes – shareholder, director and partnership disputes
- Professional negligence claims
- Debt recovery and insolvency litigation
- Property disputes – (domestic and international) including trusts and rights in property claims (‘TOLATA’), commercial and residential landlord & tenant (including possession, rent arrears and forfeiture proceedings), restrictive covenants, boundary disputes, business lease renewals under the 1954 Act and enfranchisement
- Construction and building disputes
- Probate disputes – (including claims under the Inheritance (provision for Family & Dependents Act) 1975)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution – (including Mediation and Arbitration)
- Enforcement action – foreign judgments, charging orders, orders for sale, bankruptcy petitions and winding-up petitions
- Successfully obtaining a worldwide freezing injunction against several international companies involving a multi-million-pound investment fraud
- Obtaining judgment for £700,000 in a complex property dispute concerning the misappropriation of funds connected to the property relating to a famous musician
- Advising the applicant in their committal application resulting in the respondent being given a custodial sentence of 3 months, suspended for 12 months, by reason of his various breaches of a freezing order
- Successfully defending a large Chinese corporate client in relation to a several million-pound property dispute involving an alleged breach of a joint venture agreement.
- Acting for a famous musician in successfully obtaining a £2.5 million freezing injunction against the Defendant
- Advising on the enforcement of an Iraqi judgment debt to the value of 3.2 million in the UK
- Settling a substantial misrepresentation and account of profits claim on favourable terms for a Saudi client relating to property acquisitions in excess of 20 million
- Advising on the merits of obtaining a worldwide freezing injunction relating to a Nigerian oil field dispute involving multiple judgments in various jurisdictions and concerning funds being held in an escrow account
- Kotecha v Kotecha  EWHC 247 (Ch)
- Baljit Singh Bhandal v Kieran Wallace & Eamonn Richardson (Joint Special Liquidators of Irish Bank Resolution Corporation Limited)  WL 02774035
- Otuo v Brierley  EWCA Civ 1804
- Otuo v Brierley  EWCA Civ 1804Otuo v Brierley  EWHC
Professional Qualifications and Memberships
- Solicitor of England & Wales
- London Solicitors Litigation Association
- Property Litigation Association
- Commercial Fraud Lawyers Association