Our dedicated team of lawyers are recognised experts in their areas of law.
Their commitment to clients and attention to detail has been second to none.
– Legal 500 UK (2023)
We work to the highest standards, delivering practical good quality advice on a diverse range of issues. We take a collaborative approach, supporting clients and colleagues to achieve the best possible outcomes.
Unfortunately, disputes can arise from a variety of causes. We work with you to fully understand all the details of your case, and then to explain carefully all the options that are available to you, so that together we can decide on the best strategy for you.
We’re always flexible in our approach and we understand that no two cases are the same. We handle your needs effectively with a practical and commercial approach: always seeking to provide solutions aligned with your business objectives.
Our department is split in two key disciplines: Commercial Litigation and Property Disputes.
Commercial Litigation – how we can help:
We are a team of seasoned litigators, recognised for tirelessly fighting our client’s corner. We are well-known for our high-profile work, including complex and high value commercial litigation, property litigation and civil litigation cases.
We work closely with you to understand your business and personal objectives as well as to help you to minimise risk to your business. We regularly help with the following matters:
- Third party relationships and agreements: including suppliers, agents, purchasers, customers and advisers.
- Managing the relationships between directors, shareholders and employees: including Shareholder and Partner Disputes, International Joint Venture Disputes
- Protecting your business assets: Building/Construction Disputes, Contractual Disputes, Defamation, Debt Recovery – Asset recovery and protection, Intellectual Property Disputes, Insolvency Litigation, Professional Negligence, Injunctions, Misrepresentation and Misappropriation Claims.
- Protecting your financial position: including Civil Fraud Litigation, Civil Litigation Disputes
- When disputes can’t be resolved through mediation or informal arrangements, we can also help you take matters further, all the way to court if needed, including Chancery Litigation.
Who we help:
- Senior Executives – Domestic and overseas CEOs, CFOs, GCs, Real Estate Directors, HR professionals, risk managers, in-house lawyers and business owners
- Professionals – advisers and media
- Individuals – shareholders, directors, purchasers, business customers or investors
- Businesses – in the UK and across the world.
Property Litigation – how we can help:
Our specialist team provide practical, commercial advice on all types of property litigation and real estate disputes. As well as pursuing and defending claims in complex disputes, our property litigation experts can provide specialist advice on portfolio management issues.
We provide tactical advice on the best forum to resolve the dispute quickly and proportionately. We can advise on disputes and litigation in relation to commercial properties as well as residential developments. Our solicitors act for a broad range of clients and can help you with a wide range of services including:
- Land: Boundary Disputes, Lease Extensions and Lease Enfranchisement.
- Property: Dilapidations and Disrepair Disputes, Neighbour Disputes, Service Charge Disputes, Building Disputes, Breaches of Covenant and Easements, Commercial Lease Renewals and TOLATA Disputes.
- Landlords: Rent Reviews, Residential and Commercial Landlord & Tenant Possession Claims, Tenants’ Rights to Purchase and Withholding of Consent by Landlords
- Contested Probate
Who we help:
- Retailers and Developers
- Investors, Financial Institutions, Property Managers and Leaseholders
- Educational Establishments and Charities
- Commercial Tenants
Why choose TV Edwards for Commercial and Property Litigation?
- A very strong record of success in court proceedings where ADR is not successful
- We take a clear, practical and robust approach to dispute resolution
- Immense experience and expertise
- Transparent costs as well as commercially attractive funding arrangements
- We offer out of court settlements, explore other practical and cost-effective avenues to resolve disputes, including negotiation, mediation, arbitration and other alternative dispute resolution (ADR).
We are dedicated and passionate about winning and always go the extra mile with the view to securing the best possible outcome for you.
Whatever your reason for a dispute, our dispute resolution team understand that it can be daunting and stressful, which is is why we always ensure you are fully informed of your available options.
How we work:
We support you throughout the dispute resolution process in the following ways:
- Assessing the merits of your claim and the likely outcomes
- Liaising with the other parties to fully understand the grounds for the dispute
- Obtaining evidence to put forward your best possible case, allowing us to form a robust strategy
- Ensuring you understand the costs involved and your funding options
- Attempting to resolve the dispute before embarking on court action
- Vigorously defend your position if court action is unavoidable.
Not all cases will neatly fit into the above lists, but we may still be able to help you. Contact us now to discuss.