Nathaniel joined TV Edwards in 2018 and completed his training contract here. He qualified in 2021, and is now an Associate Solicitor in our Crime team. Nathaniel is also a Duty Solicitor and regularly attends the police station and Magistrates’ Court to represent clients. He deals with serious and complex crime, having represented clients accused of murder, firearms offences, sexual offences, fraud, serious violence and ‘County Lines’ drug conspiracies.
Nathaniel specialises in representing individuals with mental health issues; he has significant experience dealing with issues of fitness to plead, fitness to stand trial and the defence of insanity.
Advises on following areas of law
- Serious violence
- Drugs offences
- Serious fraud and white collar crime
- Sexual offences
- Youth crime
Accreditations & Memberships
- Police station accredited representative
- Duty Solicitor
- London Criminal Courts Solicitors’ Association
- Volunteer at South Westminster Legal Advice Centre
- Volunteer at Brixton Advice Centre
- R v K (Operation Rissole) – Nathaniel’s client was accused of entering into a money laundering arrangement, contrary to the Proceeds of Crime Act 2002. She was charged alongside nine other defendants following an alleged courier fraud targeting vulnerable elderly victims. Of the ten defendants, Nathaniel’s client was the only one to be acquitted at trial. The jury’s verdict was unanimous.
- R v S – Client initially arrested for the attempted murder of a police officer. He was eventually charged with causing grievous bodily harm, but was unanimously found not guilty by reason of insanity by a jury. Nathaniel worked tirelessly with a number of psychiatrists to ensure that the jury were made aware of the client’s significant mental health issues.
- R v C – Nathaniel represented an Army veteran charged with causing serious injury by careless driving. We were able to secure a non-custodial sentence for the client having presented extensive mitigation and character references.
- R v A – Client charged with supplying class A drugs. The defence made an application to dismiss the charges, on the basis of numerous flaws and inconsistencies in the prosecution case. Following a Crown Court judge’s endorsement of the concerns raised, the prosecution conceded the application and offered no evidence against Nathaniel’s client.
- R v S – Nathaniel’s client was charged with grievous bodily harm having stabbed a male in the face. Following extensive negotiation with the prosecution, the instruction of a psychologist and the provision of numerous character references, Nathaniel was able to secure a non-custodial sentence for the client.
- R v M – Nathaniel acted for a City trader accused of a domestic assault. The prosecution offered no evidence at trial after the Court agreed with defence submissions regarding the admissibility of hearsay evidence.
- R v L – Nathaniel represented a client who was charged with causing grievous bodily harm after police found him and a female covered in blood at his address. The client was alleged to have attacked her with a bottle; following negotiation with the prosecution Nathaniel’s client avoided a custodial sentence.
- R v B – The prosecution offered no evidence against this client accused of online sexual offences following the instruction of a psychiatrist and Nathaniel’s representations that it would not be in the public interest for the Crown Prosecution Service to proceed in the circumstances.
- R v S – Nathaniel’s client was originally charged with attempting to cause grievous bodily harm. Following successful negotiation with the prosecutor at Court, the charge was reduced to assault occasioning actual bodily harm, and the client ultimately avoided a custodial sentence.
I recently had the pleasure of working with TV EDWARDS LLP and specifically, my solicitor Nathaniel. From start to finish, the experience was nothing short of amazing.
Nathaniel’s expertise in the legal field was evident from the moment we began discussing my case. He took the time to thoroughly understand the details and intricacies, leaving no stone unturned. His professionalism and attention to detail were truly remarkable.
Throughout the entire process, Nathaniel displayed exceptional communication skills. He kept me informed and updated at every step, ensuring that I was well-informed and reassured. Any questions or concerns I had were promptly addressed, and his calm and patient demeanor made the entire process stress-free.
What truly set TV EDWARDS LLP and Nathaniel apart was their dedication to achieving the best possible outcome for me. Nathaniel’s knowledge of the law and strategic approach to my case were impressive. He fought tirelessly on my behalf, leaving no room for doubt that my interests were his top priority.
I cannot express enough gratitude for the outstanding service I received from Nathaniel and TV EDWARDS LLP. Their professionalism, expertise, and commitment to excellence are unmatched. If you are in need of legal representation, I wholeheartedly recommend TV EDWARDS LLP and Nathaniel. They will go above and beyond to ensure your needs are met and your expectations exceeded.
Very sensible and mature advice – a credit to your firm.
Nathaniel was kind, thoughtful and answered my questions promptly in an easy-to-understand manner. He has a comprehensive knowledge of criminal proceedings and could explain the potential consequences of each decision which made it easier for us to cope with everything that was happening.
Nathaniel went above and beyond to help me with my case. There is nothing I could suggest to improve the service – I am very pleased with the help and support I received.
I was very pleased with the service provided; I was always kept updated and my expectations were managed properly. I cannot recommend TV Edwards enough for their professionalism.
Nathaniel was very understanding with me and communicated very well.