Our expert solicitors will guide you through the process of an investigation and/or prosecution.
The solicitors I have dealt with are excellent and prepare their cases well in addition to having excellent rapport with clients.
– Chambers and Partners (2023)
Types of Offences
Murder and manslaughter, two of the offences that constitute homicide, are the most serious allegations a person can face and the police expend a huge amount of resources on these investigations. At TV Edwards we have many years of extensive experience in representing individuals accused of these offences. With our links to the most experienced barristers and experts we provide specialist representation from the outset of the investigation to the conclusion of the court process.
- Murder – is committed when a person unlawfully kills another person and they have the intention to either kill or to cause grievous bodily harm. In contrast to the offence of murder, attempted murder requires the existence of an intention to kill, not merely to cause grievous bodily harm.
- Voluntary manslaughter – there are some partial defences to murder. These include loss of control, diminished responsibility or killing pursuant to a suicide pact.. All of these defences reduce the offence to an act of voluntary anslaughter not murder.
- Involuntary manslaughter – is where an unlawful killing is committed without the intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm. There are two types of involuntary manslaughter: that caused by a person’s unlawful or dangerous act, and that caused by a person’s gross negligence.
- Corporate Manslaughter – which makes it an offence for a qualifying organisation to cause a person’s death through a gross breach of a relevant duty of care owed by the organisation to the deceased.
How can we help
We regularly represent individuals charged with these offences from the police investigation through the court process where we instruct skilled barristers to represent our clients, and work with them as well as expert witnesses to prepare an optimal defence case.
If you are arrested you need immediate access to expert legal representation. At TV Edwards we can be with you at short notice 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We understand that this is the most stressful time in your life and will calmly and professionally ease the stress you are under while providing clear strategic advice. Our expert team will advise you on every step of the police station and court process in order to achieve the best possible outcome for you. We will prepare your defence diligently and will ensure that every aspect of the case is explored to achieve the best possible result in your case.