We are international children law specialists. We are ready to advise you on issues of child abduction, international child relocation and international rights of access.

International children law is a technical area of law. We are one of the few firms with the expertise and experience to provide you with fast and accurate legal advice and the best strategic approach to help you achieve the outcome you want. Some of our lawyers are accredited by Resolution as specialists, including in child abduction in recognition of their expertise and many are multilingual. We are members of the Child Abduction Lawyers Association and we are listed in Reunite’s specialist network of lawyers.

Child Abduction

If you are concerned that your child may be taken abroad without your permission, we can act fast to take urgent legal action to stop your child leaving the country before it is too late. 

If you child has already left the country, we can advise and represent you in High Court proceedings under the Hague Convention 1980 or Wardship proceedings under the Inherent Jurisdiction to seek to find your child and bring them back. 

If you are being accused of child abduction by your ex-partner, we can help you. We have assisted many parents in similar circumstances and can advise you how to defend the application for your child’s return.  

Whatever your circumstances, seeking the right legal advice without delay is essential.


Relocating a child to live abroad can be legally complex and fraught with emotions for both parents.

There are many reasons you may be considering relocating with your child: a relationship breakdown, returning ‘home’ to family support, a new partner or career. Over the years, we have helped many parents in a similar position to negotiate an agreement with the other parent or where agreement cannot be reached, to seek ‘leave to remove’ from the Court.

If your ex partner is considering relocating your child, they cannot do so without your express consent. We represent many parents seeking to resist their child relocating and offer robust representation to defend any application and to keep your child in England & Wales.

Whatever your circumstances, securing specialist legal advice as soon as possible can greatly increase your chances of the successful outcome you want.

Rights of access

If you live abroad, we can help you secure rights of access to your child living in England & Wales or seek to enforce an international Order here. We can help with you the specialist legal advice required to seek to maintain your relationship with your child over international waters.

Funding your case

We offer competitive prices for our work at affordable rates. Click here to find out more. In certain circumstances, you may be eligible for Legal Aid and we can advise you further on your funding position.

Contact Us

020 3440 8000|enquiries@tvedwards.com|Our Offices

020 3440 8000
Our Offices
Contact Us