Sian is a solicitor in the Children team. She qualified in August 2023, having joined TV Edwards in September 2019.
Sian advises clients in relation to both public law and private law children matters. She has experience of working on children cases with complex issues, such as those involving domestic violence, parental alienation and non-accidental injuries to children. She has previously represented vulnerable clients, such as those with learning disabilities or mental health difficulties.
Sian also advises clients in relation to applications for non molestation orders and occupation orders made under the Family Law Act 1996.
Sian regularly undertakes her own advocacy.
Particular area of expertise
- FGM protection orders and care proceedings.
- Representing a mother seeking an FGM Protection Order against her own child, in circumstances where the Local Authority declined to act to protect the child.
- Representing a mother in care proceedings, in circumstances where the mother had been trafficked into the UK from abroad and therefore required significant support.
- Representing a father in private children proceedings where parental alienation had been raised as a issue by a number of professionals, and ensuring that contact was restablished between the father and his child.
- Representing an Applicant in NMO proceedings and securing a zonal order to prevent the Respondent from attending the Applicant’s home, her place of work, her gym and her local coffee shop.
- Assisted on C (Children: Covid-19: Representation)  EWCA Civ 734 – a reported case concerning the right to a fair trial in the context of the COVID-19 pandemic and remote hearings
- Young Legal aid Lawyers.
Sian was awarded the Robert Garraway Rice Scholarship by Middle Temple in May 2018.