Admission date: April 1998
Shazina is a specialist housing and public law solicitor, who is committed to legal aid work. She undertakes work in all areas of housing and housing related public law, including:
- Defending possession proceedings (rented and mortgaged properties)
- Disrepair claims- both freestanding and by way of counterclaims in possession proceedings
- Evictions and emergency applications for re- entry
- Homelessness including reviews, county court appeals and judicial review
- Illegal eviction claims with application for injunction and damages
- Defending anti- social behaviour injunctions to prevent nuisance and annoyance (Part 1 injunctions) and related committal proceedings
- Judicial review proceedings in housing related community care cases
Shazina is a skilled advocate and member of the court (possession) duty schemes at the Stratford Housing Centre and Clerkenwell and Shoreditch County Court. She is also a member of the Housing Law Practitioners Association.
With her extensive litigation experience, Shazina can conduct proceedings from commencement to conclusion (excluding trial), including representing clients at interim hearings and case management conferences. She undertakes complex work such as drafting pleadings; is an experienced negotiator and works tirelessly with a view to achieving the best possible result for her clients.
The official solicitor regularly instructs Shazina to represent clients who lack capacity in possession claims and judicial review proceedings.
Clients often comment on Shazina’s professional yet down to earth approach which instantly puts them at ease.
- Housing Law Practitioners’ Association
- Fluent Bengali
Shazina quickly understood my situation and the options available to me. In front of the judge, she was very effective and achieved the best possible outcome.
Shazina, was extremely helpful and knowledgeable… professionalism was above par…I could see the passion and determination in her to carry her work out with due diligence and emotional intelligence. Thank you Shazina for representing me during a difficult time, I will not forget the huge impact you made on me in such a little timeframe.
She was a great support and got me through a very stressful time … it was causing me to thinking of suicide if it wasn’t for her I probably would still be fighting for repairs or dead… she got my repairs done… and rent arrears got cleared.
Shazina Hussain was excellent in her professionalism and warmth in dealing with a case which had caused me extreme and ongoing distress.
Shazina was very supportive.