TV Edwards can provide you with expert advice when applying for a new Premises Licence.
We applied for a premises licence using TV Edwards. The process was very straightforward: Julian explained the process, asked some questions and his staff basically did the rest. Everyone I dealt with was professional and pleasant. Should a need arise, I would definitely use them again.Samir El-Hibri – Vanilla Bean Cafe
Applications for a new Premises Licence are made online using a standard application form.
The form asks for:
- The premises details
- The applicant’s details
- When the licence is to start and how long you wish it to be valid for
- The type or types of licensable activity being applied for
- The days and times the licensable activity is to take place
- If applying to supply alcohol, the details of the Designated Premises Supervisor
- The hours the premises will be open to the public
- The steps you intend to take to promote the four licensing objectives
Applications are made to the local authority in which your premises is situated. The application form must be submitted along with the appropriate application fee and a scale plan of the premises being licenced. The application fee varies and is calculated according to the rateable value of the premises. The scale plan has to contain specific information such as the location and type of fire safety equipment.
Once the application has been successfully submitted, a consultation period of 28 days follows. During the period of consultation, notices must be placed at the premises and in a local newspaper. These notices must contain specific information and statutory notices in order to be valid.
If no representations are made during the consultation period, then the application will be granted as submitted. Representations are often made by responsible authorities such as the police or local authority but can be made by anyone including residents, neighbours and local groups. Where representations are made but then later withdrawn, for example after negotiation or compromise, then the amended application as agreed will be granted. If representations are made and not withdrawn, then a hearing will take place at which the Licensing sub-committee of the local authority will determine the outcome of the application.
How we can help with Licensing
We can provide you with expert, pragmatic advice on all matters relating to Premises Licences. We can advise on whether you need a licence to carry on the activity you have planned, and if so which type of licence you will need. We can help you to obtain a licence and negotiate its terms.
Led by our Managing Partner Julian Overton, our Licensing team is known for working to the very highest standards. We deliver expert solutions with professionalism, clarity, respect and care. We are open, approachable and easy to communicate with.
The Licensing team are trained and experienced litigators, advocates and members of the Institute of Licensing.
We understand the needs of you and your business. Our job is to get the right type of licence in place for your business as smoothly as possible.
Recent Licensing cases
- Restaurant Brick Lane – New Premises Licence
- Alcohol Delivery Service Bow – New Premises Licence
- Take Away Sheffield – New Premises Licence
- Take Away Birmingham– New Premises Licence
- Take away Shoreditch– New Premises Licence
- Boxing Event Oxford – New Premises Licence
- Office and Event space Lambeth – New Premises Licence
- Drive in Cinema Ealing – New Premises Licence
- Roof Top Bar Brixton – New Premises Licence
- Restaurant Hackney Wick – New Premises Licence
- Café Restaurant Fulham – New Premises Licence
- Office Bar Chiswick- New Premises Licence
- Roof-top bar London Bridge – New Premises Licence
- Event space Spitalfields – New Premises Licence
- Restaurant London Fields – New Premises Licence
Our Licensing Fees
Most straightforward applications can usually be conducted for an all-inclusive fixed fee. In the case of more complex matters we are likely to work to an hourly charge out rate after providing you with a detailed estimate of costs. Further details on the costs of our services can be found here. Contact us today for a no obligation estimate of our fees in your case.