Martin specialises in all children law matters. He regularly acts for both children and parents in complex care cases including those with issues of non-accidental injuries and sexual abuse. Martin is a member of The Law Society’s Children Law Accreditation scheme.
Martin also acts in cases involving disputes in respect of the living and contact arrangements for children.
Martin undertakes his own advocacy at all levels where possible and is a well-respected advocate in the local Courts.
Martin gives practical advice and is good at seeing the problem and helping clients find solutions. He is a very good listener who understands the needs of clients. Martin uses his experience as a mediator and counsellor to support clients.
Areas of Specialism
- Public & Private children law
Law Society children law accreditation
- Martin represented a client whose young child died of cocaine overdose. The proceedings involved 25 day fact finding hearing in High Court to determine the issue of cause of the child’s death and whether there was negligence. 10 medical experts gave evidence regarding the cause of death as there was dispute about this and the timing of any ingestion of cocaine. There was a parallel criminal investigation and the police applied for disclosure from the family proceedings. Martin was able to support the client through lengthy and complex proceedings and ensured that the client got necessary relief. The case was reported in the national press and the reported judgments in the case are as below –
- Law Society Family Law Panel
- Associations/Committees/Rep Groups
- Member of Association of Lawyers for Children
“Thank you for the invaluable professional help in dealing with my family matter.”
“No matter where/what Martin was doing I was able to get a response. –He was brilliant on my case.”