Social and private landlords have a duty to carry out repairs within a reasonable period from the tenant having reported disrepair in their rented accommodation.

In addition, the law requires landlords to ensure their properties are fit for human habitation.
If your landlord is not meeting these standards, we can advise you about court action against your landlord to carry out the repairs and also a claim for compensation.

How we can help

We understand that living in a property with poor housing conditions can cause a lot of stress to the tenant and/or their household.

If your landlord has not carried out repairs after you have reported issues in the property, please contact us on or speak to a member of our team on 020 3440 8100.

Funding your case

Where Legal Aid is not available TV Edwards Housing solicitors can offer you competitive fixed fee packages. Click here to find out more.

Who to contact

Katie Brown headshot
I would like to say a very big thank you to you and team for all you have done for me in the last 4 years. And because of that I was able to make my flat a home. So once again THANK YOU.

Start your confidential enquiry with us

Call: 020 3440 8000|View our Whitechapel Office|View our Clapham Junction Office