Local authorities have a duty to allocate social housing in line with their published allocations scheme.

They must give “reasonable preference” or priority to certain groups of people including those who are homeless, or living in overcrowded conditions, or who need to move on medical or welfare grounds. Otherwise, they have wide discretion as to how they allocate properties to people on their waiting list or housing register.

Our solicitors can provide you with advice and assistance to challenge a local authority decision:

  • Not to add you to the waiting list;
  • To award you a low level of priority;
  • That you are not entitled to an additional bedroom;
  • That you are not entitled to a wheelchair-accessible property; or
  • To offer you a property that you do not think is suitable for your needs.

How we can help

If you would like advice and assistance in relation to an allocations issue, please contact us on enquiries@tvedwards.com or speak to a member of our team on 020 3440 8000.

Funding your case

Where Legal Aid is not available we can offer you competitive hourly rates or fixed fee packages. Click here to find out more.

Contact Us

020 3440 8000|enquiries@tvedwards.com|Our Offices

020 3440 8000
Our Offices
Contact Us