We are looking for a Solicitor or Legal Executive who is able to meet the Legal Aid Agency supervisor requirements to join our well-established and friendly housing team.
You will be experienced in all aspects of housing law (including possession proceedings, claims for poor housing conditions and homeless applications). You will need to share our passion for access to justice, have good knowledge of the legal aid scheme and have the skills to provide supervision to a growing team of junior lawyers. Experience of private client work would be an advantage. You will be working with colleagues specialising in housing, community care and public law.
- Carrying out all allotted casework, promptly and efficiently.
- Communicating clearly and regularly with clients, complying with ‘client care’ requirements.
- Keeping up to date with general legal developments, particularly relating to own specialist field(s).
- Ensuring that time spent on all casework is promptly recorded and on conclusion of cases that they are billed, and payment is recorded promptly.
- Dealing with all routine correspondence, negotiations and advocacy, where appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues in other departments to provide a holistic service to clients.
- Analysing legal matters and advising clients of appropriate course of action.
- Undertaking appropriate administrative tasks in accordance with the Office Manual to help to ensure smooth functioning of department and efficient casework and billing.
- Providing supervision where appropriate and/or reporting to supervisors when supervision required.
- Experience and knowledge of a full range of housing law (possession, disrepair and tenancy dispute proceedings)
- Able to meet the LAA supervisor requirements
- Good working knowledge of the legal aid scheme and CCMS
- Ability to communicate effectively with the firm’s client group
- Willingness to be involved in business development
- Good track record of creating and maintaining client contacts
- Excellent oral and telephone skills
- Ability to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent written communications skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Excellent IT Skills
- Commercial awareness
- Current Practising Certificate (or CiLEX equivalent)
- 3 years’ PQE
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
TV Edwards Solicitors LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession.
Salary and Application Submission
Salary: competitive depending on experience and fee-earning track record.
For full job requirements please see the information pack below.
Anticipated start: as soon as possible
No CVs will be considered without attaching our application form.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.