Thank you for looking at our services for Motoring Offences. Motoring offences can happen to any individual and the penalties can be serious, with potential outcomes including fines, disqualification or in some cases even imprisonment.
If you have been charged with a motoring offence, such as speeding, driving without due care and attention or driving whilst under the influence of drink or drugs, you will require professional legal advice to help limit any possible consequences.
We have an experienced team who can assist you at what is likely to be a stressful time for you and your family. We will provide advice on what happens next and represent you at each stage of the process.
You will have the confidence that you are our priority, with our aim being that any member of the team is available to speak with you when you need some clarity and certainty at any stage leading up to, during and after your hearing.
We are proud to hold Lexcel and Criminal Litigation Accreditations, issued by the Law Society. This involves the firm undergoing a rigorous audit process which ensures we maintain the highest levels of client care.
Our fees for dealing with motoring offences will vary depending on whether the plea is Guilty or Not Guilty and the number of court hearings involved.
Our fees will typically include:
- Considering evidence
- Taking your instructions
- Advising on the strengths and weaknesses of the case against you
- Providing advice in relation to your plea and likely sentence
- Discussing with you where exceptional circumstances, or special reasons arguments should be made to the court
- Representation at court.
We offer both fixed fees and hourly rates services.
Examples of our fixed fee charges are detailed below.
|Fixed Fee – Representation at a first court appearance||Amount||VAT||Subtotal|
|Legal Fee total*||£600||£120||£720|
|Fixed Fee – Appointment in office and representation at a first court appearance||Amount||VAT||Subtotal|
|Legal Fee total**||£900||£180||£1,080|
We will provide price information on any additional services, such as obtaining witness statements, sourcing expert witnesses or advising on an appeal as appropriate.
The above fees are fixed and include the items detailed above, however there may be factors which would typically increase the cost of the fees involved in your case. Where there is likely to be any additional cost, we will make sure you are informed of this at the earliest opportunity and a clear estimate of those extra costs will be provided.
We undertake all of the work not included in the fixed fee on an hourly rate basis, these rates are exclusive of VAT. Our hourly rates are as follows:-
- £295 per hour for a solicitor of more than 8 years qualification
- £250 per hour for a solicitor of more than 4 years qualification
- £180 per hour for all other solicitors
- £130 per hour for paralegals and trainee solicitors.
We can provide advice and assistance in the following areas at an hourly rate, an estimate can be provided in writing, dependant on the circumstances of the individual case:-
- Instruction of any expert witnesses
- Taking statements from witnesses
- Providing advice or assistance on appeal
- Representation at additional court hearings including trials and special reasons hearings
- Representation at a court outside of the greater London area.
- Letter of representations on a guilty plea by post
- Letter of representations arguing that you should not be prosecuted.
- Exceptional hardship and totting up 12 points
- Early removal of disqualification
- Medical revocation of driving licence
- Speed awareness and driver improvement courses
We are not always able to provide timescales of when your hearing will take place as this will depend on the court fixtures and court listing for any particular day. We will make every effort to keep you up-to-date on any issues affecting the time it will take to deal with your case.
There are key milestones, which may vary according to individual circumstances. They may be as follows:
- Meeting with your Solicitor to provide instructions
- Disclosure – where we will consider the initial disclosure provided, with any evidence and provide advice on that basis
- Where an additional cost has been agreed we will arrange to take witness statements
- We will go through the court process with you, so you are fully aware of what to expect on the day or your hearing
- We will discuss the sentencing options available to the court
- We will undertake any preparatory work within the time frame of the fixed fee and obtain your instructions
- We will attend court on the day and meet you before being called to be before the court. We would allow half a day for this.
- We will discuss the outcome of the court hearing with you, next steps and any additional costs.