Petrina joined TV Edwards in 2019 and specialises in family law cases relating to children. She has considerable experience in representing clients involved in public and private children law matters and regularly represents parents, children, and other family members in court proceedings regarding applications for different orders such as; care orders, special guardianship orders, adoption orders, child arrangement orders, specific issue orders and prohibited steps orders.
Petrina also has experience representing vulnerable clients with litigation capacity issues through the Official Solicitor and representing clients in complex cases where there are issues of substance misuse, sexual abuse, non- accidental injuries, and mental health difficulties.
Petrina undertakes her own advocacy for clients wherever possible and is committed to doing all she can to ensure the best outcome for all her clients.
Petrina is an empathetic listener. She gives practical and sound legal advice and is both solution and client focussed. She works hard for her clients and does all she can to ensure all her clients receive an excellent service and all the help and support they need to achieve their legal goals.
Petrina has always been interested in law and in particular the law relating to families.
Advises on following areas of law
- Public children law matters.
- Private children law matters.
- Special guardianship matters.
- Adoption matters.
- Domestic violence matters.
Particular area of expertise:
- Public law children matters.
- Private law children matters.
- Law Society’s Children Panel.
- Association of Lawyers for Children.
- Representing a father in care proceedings where there were issues relating to a suspected non-accidental injury. Securing the child’s return with the correct support.
- Representing a mother in care proceedings who lacked capacity due to mental health difficulties which impacted her care of her children. Supporting the mother to achieve the right outcome for her and her children through the involvement of the Official Solicitor.
- Representing a mother in care proceedings who lost her child due to a mental health breakdown. Helping to secure the return of the child with an appropriate package of support.
- Representing a teenage child in care proceedings who had separated from their guardian due to divergent views. Supporting the child to have their voice heard within care proceedings and to achieve the right result for them.
- Representing a father with drug issues in care proceedings and securing the right outcome for him and his child.