TV Edwards LLP seeks to appoint a Solicitor with between 3-6 years of Post Qualification Experience. You will be experienced in all aspects of property and civil/commercial litigation. Experience of privately paying client work is essential.
You will be experienced in property litigation primarily but will have some experience in commercial litigation work. You will have a desire to grow as a solicitor and enhance the department. Marketing and networking skills are essential to continue to develop the team.
Currently we are unable to meet demand for our litigation services. We have a thriving dispute resolution department, and we require someone to help support the growth of the department. You will take on a wide range of cases and act for a variety of clients including private individuals and small to medium businesses.
- Development of all litigation / dispute resolution work.
- Carrying out all allotted casework, promptly and efficiently.
- Communicating clearly and regularly with clients, complying with ‘client care’ requirements.
- Keeping up to date with general legal developments, particularly relating to own specialist field(s).
- Ensuring that time spent on all casework is promptly recorded and on conclusion of cases that they are billed and payment is recorded promptly.
- Dealing with all routine correspondence, negotiations and advocacy, where appropriate.
- Working closely with colleagues in other departments to provide a holistic service to clients.
- Analysing legal matters and advising clients of appropriate course of action.
- Undertaking appropriate administrative tasks in accordance with the Office Manual to help to ensure smooth functioning of department and efficient casework and billing.
- Providing supervision where appropriate and/or reporting to supervisors when supervision required.
- Experience and knowledge of a full range of property litigation (including acting for landlords in possession, disrepair and tenancy dispute proceedings), leasehold properties (including formal lease extension procedures, service charge disputes, breach of lease covenants and conditions and dispute resolution)
- Experience and knowledge of a full range of commercial litigation (including contractual claims)
- 3-6 years’ post qualification experience
- Ability to carry out own advocacy at the county court or tribunal would be beneficial but not essential
- Experience of privately paying work with individuals and small to medium sized businesses
- Ability to communicate effectively with the firm’s client group
- Willingness to be involved in business development
- Good track record of creating and maintaining client contacts
- Excellent oral and telephone skills
- Ability to prioritise and work efficiently under pressure
- Excellent written communications skills
- Problem-solving ability
- Excellent IT Skills
- Commercial awareness
- Current Practising Certificate
Equal Opportunities and Diversity
TV Edwards Solicitors LLP is an equal opportunities employer, committed to increasing diversity in our firm and our wider profession.
Salary and Application Submission
Salary: Competitive, dependent on experience
For full job requirements please see the information pack below.
Anticipated start: October 2023
No CVs will be considered without attaching our application form.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.